Just back from my last Montanan hiking trip of the summer. I'm headed off to Nepal soon for a couple of months so this was one final futile attempt to get into shape. Headed up onto the 10,000ft Beartooth Plateau, a couple of hours' drive from my house. One of my favourite places in Montana.
Hiked along the plateau, above the treeline and past Becker Lake.
Made camp at Albino Lake.
And then persuaded my wife to climb up this peak - Lonesome Mountain
For some awesome views
Heading back home for a pint of Bent Nail Ale in Red Lodge. Very Nice.
Current Favourite Sounds (click on them to hear)
- Daughter - The Wild Youth
- The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
- Peter Gabriel - New Blood
- Sera Cahoone - Deer Creek Canyon
- The Head & the Heart - The Head and the Heart
- Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest
- The Tiger Lillies
- The Decemberists - The King is Dead
- Angus & Julia Stone - Down the Way
- Ethiopiques - The Very Best Of
- Tabu Ley Rochereau - The Voice of Lightness: Congo Classics 1961-1977
- Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
- Choying Drolma - Cho
- A Single Man Soundtrack
- Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town
- Sigur Ros - ()
- Kate Rusby - Sleepless
- Elegy - Soundtrack
- Yuck - Yuck
- Eric Agyeman - West African Gold