Sunday, September 18, 2011
Marco Polo documentary on German TV
Less than a week now before the German public TV station SWR broadcasts the first of the Marco Polo films. The films follow me as I retrace the route of Marco Polo from Venice to China via Syria, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Western China, trying to reinterpret the places and things Marco saw on his trip 700 years ago.
The five films are broadcast every Sunday at 5.15pm. See the schedule, description and some photos on the SWR website and also here. You can even watch the films online (in German) at the SWR website.
If you can't watch the films live, or don't speak German (!), check out www.marcopolo-reloaded.com, our Web-based documentary of the entire trip, including pictures, video clips and commentary not included in the documentaries. It's online in stages from 2 October 2011.
Until then, you can get a taste of the trip on a couple of Youtube videos. Click below or on the videos to the right of the screen:
Marco Polo Reloaded page
Please do let us know what you think of the clips or the films, either here or on the Marco Polo Reloaded Facebook page, where we'll continue to post links and video clips.
Thanks to Along Mekong Productions for putting together the clips and the web-doc.
Current Favourite Sounds (click on them to hear)
- Daughter - The Wild Youth
- The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
- Peter Gabriel - New Blood
- Sera Cahoone - Deer Creek Canyon
- The Head & the Heart - The Head and the Heart
- Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest
- The Tiger Lillies
- The Decemberists - The King is Dead
- Angus & Julia Stone - Down the Way
- Ethiopiques - The Very Best Of
- Tabu Ley Rochereau - The Voice of Lightness: Congo Classics 1961-1977
- Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
- Choying Drolma - Cho
- A Single Man Soundtrack
- Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town
- Sigur Ros - ()
- Kate Rusby - Sleepless
- Elegy - Soundtrack
- Yuck - Yuck
- Eric Agyeman - West African Gold